Sunday 14 September 2014

A block finish and a WIP

I finished another animal block for the commissioned quilt - I'm glad the buyer is a patient person - it does seem like a very long process and it's going to be another short wait until payday and then I can get the grey for the Emu, then just the two flags and a cupcake to do and it will be finished, well nearly, then I'll have to put it together and quilt it - which I'm not really looking forward to as I've had no flashes of inspiration yet - maybe it will come later when it's all together.

The finished block is the fabulous Mr Fox.


I've also been working on another low volume quilt, I really liked the last one and I'm hoping this one I'm making will be snapped up by someone, I know they're tempted, she said she loved the small one, so I'm making it in the hope and if she doesn't, well I'll either keep it for myself or save it for a Christmas present. I can't believe that I'm having to think about Christmas presents already and I have to say I'm short on ideas this year.


These are a few of the blocks, I think I've made about 40 so far, they're at 8" square and I have another 40 odd on the go and I'll be making this one with 90 blocks, so nice and big, I recon about 5 1/5' x 6 1/2'.

1 comment:

  1. Mr Fox is fab! And your low volume piecing is looking lovely :)

    ReplyDelete