Tuesday 22 April 2014

Wips Wednesday - baby quilt

I have been an incredibly lucky girl this weekend,  my sister-in-laws mum gave me a huge bag of fabric, including lots of Laura Ashley fabrics and some pre-cut slabs, squares and triangles. 


One fabric that was in the bag was this gorgeous white, grey and pink print and I knew it would make a beautiful cot quilt and pillow case, I just sashed it and did a small stipple pattern all over and now all I need to do is bind the quilt and make the pillow.
It is such a beautiful fabric.





My sister-in-laws mum made this huge log cabin quilt and sewed every single stitch by hand - every time I see it I am in awe of it.



Today a friend and myself went to a place called Forte Hall, a house that dates back to the 1600s, it has beautiful gardens and the house is lovely. 


There was a really interesting wall hanging in one of the rooms.




Linking up with Freshley Pieced

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to receive that bag of fabrics! Your baby quilt is beautiful :) Your sister in law's mum's log cabin is stunning - I could never have the patience to do all that by hand...and the wall hanging is very interesting. Is is old or recent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you stippled the baby quilt--at first I thought the lines were flowers. They look great!!!

    That portrait quilt is proof that everything old is new again. The different sections pieced together remind me so much of a modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete