Monday 18 March 2013

Brenda

Today is a very sad day, my lovely, lively, happy go lucky fabric lady Brenda, passed away. She has supported me unconditionally, praised my work and supplied most of my fabric to me (she lived just around the corner). I would quite often go around to their house for an evening and she would show me all her new items in stock and more often than not send me home with a bag full of off-cuts - my first sampler quilt was made using fabric that she gave me and in turn I was so, so happy to pass that quilt onto her, I cannot imagine her not being here and will find it very difficult to pick up a piece of fabric without thinking of her.

Brenda, I will miss you more than I can say and the world will be a little duller without you in it. RIP.

1 comment:

  1. That is sad. I am sure that Brenda knew how much her encouragement meant to you and, where ever she is now, I bet she still looks down on all your lovely creations with a smile x

    ReplyDelete